Just published on Independent Science News, Ted Greiner’s Vitamin A Wars: The Downsides of Donor-Driven Aid is a forthright update on the politics of Vitamin A deficiency and the failed Vitamin A Capsule (VAC) Program that continues to block support for holistic health, food, and farming-based prevention strategies. First described in detail in The Great Vitamin A Fiasco, written by the late Professor Michael Latham in 2010, the politics of Vitamin A deficiency and the prospects for prevention programs that support a healthful and varied diet only get worse. This is explained in Golden Lies: The Seed Industry’s Questionable Golden Rice Project (2012), a foodwatch Report by Christoph Then from testbiotech. Together these important reports provide an insider’s view of the interactions between academics, aid organizations, and corporations, three powerful players whose interests often conflict with those of aid recipients. The Great Vitamin A fiasco and responses to it can be found on the Food resources page and Golden Lies is found on the Biotechnology resources page of The Bioscience Resource Project.
Sign up to our mailing list
- Did West Africa’s Ebola Outbreak of 2014 Have a Lab Origin? October 25, 2022
- Fauci’s COVID Origin SWAT Team Versus the Mojiang Miner Passage Theory May 23, 2022
- Delete, Deny, and Destroy: Chinese and Western Strategies To Erase COVID’s Origin Are Being Exposed By Independent Research April 21, 2022
- Open for Military Business: Ebola Research at Canada’s Only BSL-4 Lab September 27, 2021
- Phylogeographic Mapping of Newly Discovered Coronaviruses Pinpoints the Direct Progenitor of SARS-CoV-2 as Originating from Mojiang, China August 2, 2021
- By Investigating Itself The US Can Answer Many Of The Key COVID19 Origin Questions June 8, 2021
- A Chinese PhD Thesis Sheds Important New Light On The Origin of the COVID-19 Coronavirus May 11, 2021
- Agriculture’s Greatest Myth April 12, 2021
- An Interview with Richard Ebright: The WHO Investigation Members Were “participants in disinformation” March 24, 2021
- Why China and the WHO Will Never Find a Zoonotic Origin For the COVID-19 Pandemic Virus February 16, 2021
Quote of the day
Science is molded by society because it is a human productive activity that takes time and money, and so is guided and directed by those forces in the world that have control over money and time. Science uses commodities and is part of the process of commodity production. Science uses money. People earn their living by science, and as a consequence the dominant social and economic forces in society determine to a large extent what science does and how it does it.- R. C. Lewontin, 'Biology as Ideology'
Our latest video
- Recommended websites